Tuesday, April 21, 2015

STILL ALIVE AFTER FIVE!



Holy crap on a cracker! Have I really been doing this for five years?? Seems like only yesterday that I finally decided to give a little piece of my movie mind to anyone who would be willing to read and relate. Well, in the words of the Grateful Dead, "What a long, strange trip it's been!"

Writing this blog has been, without a doubt, one of the most challenging and fun tasks I've ever undertaken in my life. It's not only broadened my horizons in both writing and film appreciation, from my own perspective, as well as others, but it's also deepened some of my most thought-provoking film memories and how they have affected me as a person.

And so, it's with sincere appreciation and gratitude that I say THANK YOU! Thank you to all those who have read my work for the last five years. Thank you to all those who have left their comments and opinions. Thank you to those who will continue to read and support my work. Thank you to those who have persistently asked me the same question about my blog, which is, "Are you getting paid for this?" Most of all, thank you Richard K. in California who continues to show me that movie blogging doesn't just improve our words and our knowledge, but inevitably makes certifiable film geeks of us all (LOL!!!).

Thank you all so much. And now, we continue...

1 comment:

  1. You are so welcome. I'm glad every time I see a new post that I happened across your blog that time almost five years ago. It's been a great journey and it forces me to think about movies that I haven't seen, those I have seen and did not like and those that I get to enjoy for the twentieth time. I worry a little that we are already to the P section in the alphabet, but I reassure myself that there is a lot more to come because the S section has to go on for days, not to mention the Ts. Keep up the good work Eric, and congratulations for sticking to the program.

    ReplyDelete